There's a little diva in all of us! This community is a rating community where you can find out which star of a Broadway musical you most resemble. Post your pictures to be voted on!
Ingenues 1. You must join to post. You do not have to be stamped in order to vote on others, but you must join the community.
2. No anonymous commenting or posting.
3. Fill out the short survey -- The Audition -- provided below. This is to help us get to know you a little better. At the end of the survey, post as many pictures as you like -- at least 3, please. The audition, both survey and pictures, must be below an lj-cut.
4. In the subject line of your entry post, please put "Spotlight Seeker". This is so I know you've read the rules.
5. At no point in your application should you tell us what your favourite musical, character, or actress is. I've found this leads to biased results.
6. No excessive PhotoShopping. Removing red-eye is one thing, morphing your features entirely is quite another. Your pictures also must be large enough that we can see you, and clear enough that we know you're a person and not an enormous amoeba.
7. If you would like to dress up, you may. At least one "normal" picture would be appreciated, but you may most as many of you in pretties as you like in addition.
8. If anyone pointed you in our direction, please credit them in your entry post so that I may thank our promoters.
9. You will have three days to garner votes. After that, you will be stamped with the ladies most prevalent in the votes.
10. Have fun!
The Audition 1. Name: 2. Age (no one under 13, please): 3. Location: 4. Three positive adjectives to describe yourself: 5. Three negative adjectives to describe yourself: 6. What is the significance/meaning/derivation of your username?: 7. What is your favourite historical era, and why? 8. What historical, mythological, or legendary character do you most identify with, and why? 9. Favourite three books (exclude any based on musicals or that musicals are based on): 10. Favourite three movies (exclude any based on musicals or that musicals are based on): 11. Do you have any creative talents?: 12. Sing us a song (that isn't from a Broadway musical): 13. Anything else we should know?: 14. Please post at least three clear pictures of yourself:
House Rules 1. To vote on new applicants, pick a lady or two from the list below. Bolding your vote makes things easier on your mod. Please try to stick to the list -- if you feel someone strongly resembles a lady not listed, feel free to tell them so, but also try to vote one from the list. I'm only going to create new stamps sporadically, and it isn't really fair to the person you're voting on if you're not voting a stamp that I have.
2. If you can, please give an explanation! They don't have to be elaborate, but enough to give the person a clue.
3. Take the application into account as well as the pictures. Try to judged based both on personality and appearance.
4. No nastiness or flaming, or the wrath of the mod will come down on you. And believe me, I can be a lot meaner than you can when so provoked, so don't test me.
5. At the moment, this community is ladies-only, as I feel its appeal is generally directed to them. Should, however, a gentleman show interest in being stamped, I would be more than happy to produce a list of leading men to choose from and create stamps for.
6. Please put the word "stamped" somewhere in the title line of all your entries following your introductory post. This helps keep me organised.
7. If you're responding to a theme, please put "theme" somewhere in the title line, for the same reason.
8. Promotions -- Now, as an avid promoter myself, I have no problem with you promoting your own communities here. I would like to ask that they be kept "on topic" -- either other rating communities or other communities dealing with Broadway. I will only speak to you about how often you're promoting if it becomes a problem; use good sense. And, if you promote a community here, I would like to ask also that you promote this one in return. You must be stamped to promote another community here.
Contract I, the mod, promise to be as helpful and responsive as is possible. I will do my absolute best to get you stamped in an expedient manner. I will do everything in my power to make sure that trolls and flamers stay out of the community, so that it is a pleasant place of exchange.
In return, you, the members, will follow the rules, play nicely, and not whinge if I'm a tad behind in posts or stamps.